Assistive Technology Resources
AZTap (Arizona Technology Access Program) - Connecting people with disabilities with the assistive technology they need to participate as fully as possible in activities that matter to them.
SALT (The Strategic Alternative Learning Techniques Center) - Comprehensive academic support program for U of A students who learn differently.
Arizona Department of Education - Serving Arizona’s education community, ensuring every child has access to an excellent education.
A dozen really smart reasons to hire a person from the WorkAbility program
1. An employer will receive a skilled and motivated employee
2. Companies can advertise their participation in our program
3. By opening job searches to qualified people with disabilities, companies gain access to a new and vital pool of talented workers
4. A diverse and healthy workforce includes people with different abilities
5. Companies will have a competitive advantage by adding new ideas, viewpoints and approaches to solving business challenges
6. Employees and customers will appreciate diversity in the work place
7. Making accommodations for people with disabilities is usually easy and inexpensive and can actually carry a return
8. Companies earn an average return of $28.69 for every dollar invested in making an accommodation
9. Employing people with disabilities makes good business sense because it has a direct impact on the bottom line of a business
10. Retention rates among people with disabilities are higher than average, thus reducing training costs
11. People with disabilities and their families are loyal customers to businesses who support them
12. Customers with disabilities control discretionary income of nearly $200 billion (twice the teen market)
Sun Van - Available to individuals with disabilities with a current ADA Eligibility Card issued by the City of Tucson.
Sun Tran - People can set up their travel needs by using Sun Tran, Sun Shuttle, and the new Sun Link streetcar.
Discount Cab - certifies drivers to provide mobility/wheelchair-accommodating transportation for those with disabilities.
Blogs and Websites of Interest
The information and links on this page do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the WorkAbility Program or UCPSA. They are for reference and resource purposes only.